Sponsored by CAS
Webinar: Strategies for Adding Value and Building a Strong Biotech Patent Portfolio
The process for developing new biotech therapies can easily put R&D and intellectual property leaders in uncharted territory. From lead selection to freedom to operate, it is not unusual to request a dozen patent and scientific literature searches to help guide researchers as they attempt to maximize value and opportunity. Collaboration, communication, and thorough research facilitate the innovation to commercialization lifecycle.
Join us on Thursday, April 27, 2023, at 12 PM ET, when Gene Quinn, Founder, President & CEO of IPWatchdog, will be joined by Matthew J. McBride, Director of CAS IP ServicesSM, Amy Fix, Partner at Barnes & Thornburg, and Dr. John Astor Cleveland, Jr., General Patent Counsel at Assembly Biosciences, as they share their unique perspectives on how R&D and IP teams can develop holistic approaches for driving IP value during R&D. The panel will discuss comprehensive patent and search strategies, from pinpointing the best opportunities for lead selection to ensuring freedom to operate ahead of clinical trials, and much more.
In addition to answering questions, during this webinar the panel will discuss the following:
- How missing data slows research and creates missed opportunities,
- Specific strategies for optimizing IP value at each stage of R&D,
- Proven techniques for improving the quality and speed of preclinical studies,
- Using all-in freedom to operate searches to pressure test patent claims,
- Finding new IP value in data emerging during R&D,
- How continued analysis can and should lead to stronger claims during commercialization.