“13th Annual Ethics in the Practice of IP Law” – Virtual Seminar on Friday, June 10, 2022.
University of Illinois Chicago School of Law’s Center for Intellectual Property (IP), Information & Privacy Law is pleased to present the “13th Annual Ethics in the Practice of IP Law” as a virtual seminar on Friday, June 10, 2022.
This half-day CLE program offers attendees the opportunity to learn about mental health & wellness, balancing present career with career development, diversity, equity & inclusion, representation, and inclusivity. Seminar faculty will provide a wide range of diverse perspectives on issues facing IP and technology legal professionals today.
Mental health and wellness panel topics include:
- Balancing billable and non-billable hours as a junior associate.
- Becoming a community or thought leader in your practice area.
- Managing success and failure.
- Transitions to partnership, in-house, and leaving the legal profession.
- Working remotely and abroad.
Diversity, equity & inclusion panel topics include:
- In-house and law firm DEI initiatives: One-size-fits-all?
- Measuring success in DEI initiatives.
- The role of bar associations in DEI initiatives.
- The Mansfield Rule: What attorneys need to know.
The best part of conferences usually lies in discussion and interaction, both within the panel and between the panel and the audience. For this reason, each panel is a moderated discussion with no presentations. We welcome audience members to participate by using an intuitively designed Q&A feature. In addition, we are setting aside fifteen minutes or more between sessions so attendees can speak directly with our conference faculty and each other during virtual networking sessions.
For more information on the event, or to register, please click here.
Law firms and organizations interested in group registration and sponsorship opportunities should contact Professor Daryl Lim at [email protected] or Erik Fagrelius at [email protected].
For more information about the event, please contact Adam Ernette at [email protected].