Arnold & Porter, an international law firm, is seeking a Life Sciences Patent Law Clerk or Patent Agent for the Intellectual Property practice group in the Washington DC office. This is a full-time, permanent position. The Patent Law Clerk/ Patent Agent will be directly supervised by an attorney and get individualized patent law training. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of one year of patent law clerk/technical specialist/patent agent experience. Benefits include a competitive salary and a tuition reimbursement program when applicable.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Preparing and filing new patent applications and other patent prosecution documents.
- Conducting client technology and patent portfolio assessments.
- Supporting business development.
- Managing large domestic and foreign dockets.
- Ph.D. and significant graduate level experience.
- Minimum of one year of patent law clerk/technical specialist/patent agent experience.
- Broad training in the biological sciences are sought, with expertise in plant biology, biochemistry, genetics, chemistry, microbiology, entomology, immunology or chemical engineering highly preferred.
- Research experience or training in RNA silencing, genome editing, nucleic acids chemistry, microbiomes, quantitative genetics, process and reactor design, separation technologies, thermodynamics and kinetics is desirable.
- Excellent academic credentials and references as well as strong writing skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively working in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Exceptional client service both internal and external.
Interested candidates are asked to Apply Online and include a cover letter, resume, school transcripts (please include each school), and writing sample with their online application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please mention you found the position on the IPWatchdog JobOrtunities™ Job Board.
About Arnold & Porter:
At Arnold & Porter, we are client-driven and industry-focused. Our lawyers practice in more than 40 areas across the litigation, regulatory and transactional spectrum to help clients with complex needs stay ahead of the global market, anticipate opportunities and address issues that impact the very value of their businesses. Our global reach, experience and deep knowledge allow us to work across geographic, cultural, technological and ideological borders, to offer clients forward-looking, results-oriented solutions that resolve their U.S., international, and cross-border legal needs.