TTI Consumer Power Tools, Inc d/b/a TTI Power Equipment (“TTIPE”) is seeking to fill a full-time in-house Intellectual Property Counsel position located at its Anderson, South Carolina office.
TTIPE is a global leader in quality consumer and professional power tools and outdoor products, designing and developing products under brands including RYOBI, HART, and RIDGID. TTIPE offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package including tuition assistance, 401(k), medical/dental/vision coverage, vacation, and holidays.
- Manage product clearance and patent application preparation and prosecution
- Advise TTIPE business and engineering personnel in matters of product clearance, patentability, and related strategies
- Conduct invention mining and brainstorming sessions with TTIPE personnel
- Conduct patent clearance and patentability searches
- Manage portions of TTIPE’s patent portfolio
- Conduct competitor monitoring
- Participate in IP Steering Committee Meetings
- Provide support in patent licensing, enforcement, and controversy matters
- Contribute to optimizing processes and procedures
- Limited travel
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Licensed to Practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- At least 3-5 years of experience as a patent practitioner in a law firm and/or corporate setting
- Juris Doctorate from a nationally accredited law school and active member of a state bar and in good standing
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient time management and organizational skills
- Proficient written and verbal communication and advocacy skills
- Self-motivated, takes ownership, and has proper attention to detail
Interested candidates are asked to submit their resumes via email to the Group Manager of Talent Acquisition, Brian Sanders.
Please mention you found the position on the IPWatchdog JobOrtunities™ Job Board.
About Techtronic Industries Company Limited:
Techtronic Industries Company Limited is a fast-growing world leader in Power Tools, Accessories, Hand Tools, Outdoor Power Equipment, and Floorcare and Cleaning for Do-It-Yourself (DIY)/Consumer, professional and industrial users in the home improvement, repair, maintenance, construction, and infrastructure industries. The Company is committed to accelerating the transformation of these industries through superior environmentally friendly cordless technology. The TTI brands like MILWAUKEE, RYOBI, and HOOVER are recognized worldwide for their deep heritage and cordless product platforms of superior quality, outstanding performance, safety, productivity, and compelling innovation.
Join the Discussion
No comments yet.