Hanley, Flight & Zimmerman, LLC (HFZ), the patent prosecution and consulting law firm located in downtown Chicago, is looking for a patent attorney to join its team. This is a full-time, permanent position based in Chicago, IL, or remotely.
HFZ ranked 2nd among Chicago headquartered law firms in 2021 domestic patent issuances. HFZ represents clients in a wide variety of areas including electronics, software, Internet, e-commerce, artificial intelligence, automotive, aerospace, medical devices, and consumer goods. HFZ is committed to diversity as a core value of the firm. HFZ is an Equal Opportunity/ M/F/Vet/Disabled Employer.
- Patent Application Drafting
- Office Action Responses
- Inventor Interviews
- Examiner Interviews
- Client Engagement and Interaction
- Counseling Matters
- 1 or more years of patent prosecution experience.
- Excellent academic credentials in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Excellent Law School academic credentials.
Benefits of Working with HFZ:
- Strong mentorship program in a team-focused environment.
- Open-door Policy allowing easy access to senior attorneys for feedback, training, and career development opportunities.
- Exposure to a wide variety of technologies and clients, including Fortune 500 companies.
- In office, fully remote, and/or hybrid work available for qualified candidates.
- Competitive compensation, 401K plan, and strong benefits package.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their resume, law and engineering transcripts, cover letter, and if available, a writing sample of a published patent or office action response to the Patent Associate Attorney – Experienced opportunity posted on HFZ’s website.
Please mention you found the position on the IPWatchdog JobOrtunities™ Job Board.
HFZ is a two-decade-old patent firm that specializes in delivering top-quality patent prosecution and counseling services to numerous Fortune 500 companies and global technology leaders. With its team of excellent patent attorneys and dedicated professional staff, HFZ delivers exceptional patent prosecution and portfolio management services to its diverse clientele. HFZ thrives in an inclusive environment that provides ongoing mentorship for the career development of its team members. HFZ offers a dynamic team-focused work environment, excellent work/life balance, an Open Door Policy allowing easy access to Senior Attorneys and Managing Partners, and a competitive benefits package.