Sampling of stories and topics discussed during the interview:
- Starting and growing America’s largest Intellectual Property (IP) boutique law firm
- Personal story of going from growing up in Pennsylvania and selling furniture to starting a law firm in downtown DC
- How having successful fathers influenced Doug Henderson and his co-founder Marcus Finnegan
- Vision and innovations that contributed to Finnegan Henderson’s success
- Shaping firm culture in a way that allowed next generation of partners to successfully take over the management of the firm
- Attracting and keeping great clients
- Keys to retaining talent at a law firm
- State of the IP legal industry, including failure of other IP boutiques
- Surprising advise to potential client about choosing an IP boutique v. a general practice firm
- How fear of losing their Blackberry smart phones caused DC policy makers (including Supreme Court Justices) to turn against strong patent rights
- Having Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia as a neighbor and watching him fearlessly perform CPR
- Advice for other firms, lawyers, and law students
- And, much more!
Join the Discussion
No comments yet.